20 February 2019 12:00 pm - 28 February 2019 12:45 pm
QV1 Conference Centre, Level 2 250 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000, Australia
Would you like to get a better understanding of your camera?
Well, at these workshops, Mike and Colin will show you the settings and techniques to use to extend your photographic knowledge and give you more confidence in taking great quality images.
This series of photography workshops is suitable for people with digital cameras which have manual controls (P, A/Av, S/Tv and M modes) including DSLRs and also interchangeable lens mirrorless cameras.
Regardless of the genre you prefer to photograph, the workshops will assist you in mastering the use of Manual settings on your camera.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Adjusting your camera settings (shutter speed, aperture and ISO) to get the results you want.
- The different types and uses of exposure metering modes and understanding the histogram.
- Techniques for attaining a deep depth of field in landscape photography.
- When to use a tripod to maximise quality.
There are 2 x 45-minute classroom-based sessions followed by a practical photographic session at Elizabeth Quay.
For the final session we return to the classroom to look at critiquing your photos and some basic editing techniques using Lightroom/Photoshop. If you don’t have the editing software, send us your best photos and we can present them on the day.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Your DSLR or mirrorless interchangeable lens camera and lens/es,
- The operating manual for your camera.
- Notebook and a pen.
- Camera bag and tripod for the practical shoot.
- Laptop with Lightroom/Photoshop (optional).
Workshop 1 & 2 - Classroom based sessions
Wednesday, 13 February - 12:00pm - 12:45pm
Wednesday, 20 February - 12:00pm - 12:45pm
Workshop 3 - Practical Photography session at Elizabeth Quay
Wednesday, 27th February - 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Workshop 4 - Classroom based session editing and critiquing your images
Thursday, 28th February - 12:00pm - 12:45pm
There are limited places available for each of these sessions, click here to register!